[MPlayer-users] Re: Brightness changing when capturing tv

Stefan Seyfried seife at gmane0305.slipkontur.de
Fri May 14 17:32:18 CEST 2004

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 10:45:08AM +0200, Alex Polite wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I've been capturing tv shows with mencoder for some time now and I'm
> quite happy with the results.
>
> But one thing is still bugging me. The brightness setting of mencoder
> seems to be adaptive. Bright scenes will appear overexposed. The black
> borders surrounding the image goes gray.

its not mencoder, its your TV Card / driver. You didn't mention what card
type you are using, but "modinfo bttv" shows a lot of options which may
help you.
Hint:
  whitecrush_lower:sets the white crush lower value, default is 127
  whitecrush_upper:sets the white crush upper value, default is 207
  adc_crush:enables the luminance ADC crush, default is 1 (yes)
--
Stefan Seyfried