[MPlayer-users] sudden crashes

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Fri May 14 16:22:37 CEST 2004

On Friday, 14 May 2004 at 16:08, Tate Austin wrote:
> I have been installing the various dependencies that come with VLC and
> now mplayer will crash my entire computer within about about 20 minutes
> of playback.  It seems to play DVDs with no lockups, but divx for example
> causes it to lock up in about 20-30 minutes of playback guaranteed.
> Is this a common occurence when a package mplayer is dependent on gets
> a version upgrade?  Do I need to reinstall mplayer, or is the dependency
> thing not a viable explanation?

There's hardly enough information in your mail to even guess where the
problem lies. Please include all relevant details as required by
bugreports.html.

If you are using pre-packaged MPlayer, include full package versions.
And of course mention the changes in package versions you made for VLC.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer.html