[MPlayer-users] Re: unsupported audio codec 0xFF

compn tempn at twmi.rr.com
Fri May 14 15:10:57 CEST 2004

> so should he try adding a line
> format 0xFF to the libfaad section of codecs.conf ?
>
> did not see it defined in codecs.conf in CVS
>
> audiocodec faad
>   fourcc "AAC " ; Used in NSV
>   format 0xFF
>arrghh the effect is horrible. Audio track is like about 5-10 times
>slower than it should be (like old tape players, eating your tape:] ),
>then in a few moments mplayer crashes
>
>frg.

the dev's are fixing this already, mplayer was not reading
the bitrate from the audio, and playing it at 128 (instead of whatever
it was encoded at (148 for the example we were testing) making
playback in slow motion... ;\

check this thread on dev-eng for more information.
http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2004-May/026312.html