[MPlayer-users] No audio in video capture

Fabio Stumbo f.stumbo at unife.it
Fri May 14 11:41:06 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I saw in the faq that it should be not possible to capture audio together
with video from a tv card. Yet from other mails it seems to me that
someone succeeds. So: what is the situation?

My problem is that I have a card (pinnacle pctv pro) which works perfectly
(tv, audio, teletext, composite in) but for the remote control (but I can
live without that) and my aim is to save videos from my videocamera.
I first tried saving from the tv: wathever program I use to capture the
video (xawtv, xawdecode, mencoder) and wathever codec I use (mp3, pcm not
compressed) I end up with an avi which plays fine but... with no audio at
all. Am I missing something stupid? Note that while capturing I can see
and ear correctly.

TIA

Fabio