[MPlayer-users] Extracting Audio from .RM Files

Brent Robertson brent at automaticsync.com
Wed May 12 23:14:51 CEST 2004

Tue May 4 22:28:35 CEST 2004 Roberto Togni wrote:
 >On 2004.05.04 01:29, Brent Robertson wrote:
 >> I'm looking to extract the audio from a Real .RM (ideally to a .MP3).
 >> From my understanding I should do something like this:
 >>
 >> [localhost]% mplayer one.rm -v -dumpaudio -dumpfile fn.out
 >>
 >> But here's what I get:
 >
 > Bug is fixed in CVS.
 >
 > Anyway, i don't think -dumpaudio is what you're looking for. Dumpaudio
 > dumps the raw audio packets, not the decoded audio; it's only for
debug
 > purposes, or to extract audio that have its own container like mp3.
 >
 > You may try with -ao pcm (check docs for details)

Thanks!

So here's a rookie question: Do I need to do a complete new build with
all the latest code in
http://www1.mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/main/  or is there a
tarball with the fix included> The tarball on the main download page
did not appear to have this fix in it (at least from a cursory look at
version.h).