Resolved (Re: Soundproblems with dvbin (was Re: [MPlayer-users] couldn't play with dvb://))

Falko Pilz webmaster at fapi.de
Wed May 12 22:47:45 CEST 2004

Hello,

bingo thats it.
Some one at Mandrake  recommends this config for DVD so
nobody things about crashing sound at DVBIN.

Is there a line in the manual which I hasn't read?
This behaviour(2 different meanings of one switch) isn't userfriendly.

Thanks again and regards

Falko

On Wed, 12 May 2004 09:58:20 +0200
Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at tiscali.it> wrote:

> solved:
> in your ~/.mplayer/config file you have
>
> alang=de
>
> which obviously requires all audio streams in all the files you play
> to be german.
> Some demuxers don't even check this parameter (because  not every file
> format
> has language identifiers), but demux_ts does, and doesn't give you an
> audio track that you didn't
> request (and besides, languages in DVB are identified by 3 letters,
> not 2 as in DVDs),
> so if you want to hear something remove or comment that row in your
> config file.
>
>     Nico

Time is but the stream I go a-fishing in.
		-- Henry David Thoreau