[MPlayer-users] xv contrast / brightness weirdness

Alexandre Aractingi aaractingi at libertysurf.fr
Tue May 11 18:34:58 CEST 2004

Hi all,
I've searched the archives and found someone with the same issue, but no
answer.
My ~/.mplayer/config shows:
	Contrast = -47
	Brightness = 22
	Hue = 6
	Saturation = 0

When mplayer starts, it says:
Video attribute 'brightness' is not supported by selected vo & vd.
Video attribute 'contrast' is not supported by selected vo & vd.
Video attribute 'saturation' is not supported by selected vo & vd.
Video attribute 'hue' is not supported by selected vo & vd.

But adjusting these attributes at runtime with 4-5-6-etc does work (1st
weirdness).

So I figured I would use a utility called xvattr to set the xv
attributes. When I start X they are not set directly, an app first has
to use the xv driver for the attributes to be set.
This is where the second weirdness shows up: if I launch mplayer the xv
attributes are _not_ set, but if I launch Xine or VLC they do get set,
and then mplayer can use xv with the proper attributes.

I use mplayer-1.0-0.pre4 on a Mandrake 10.0. Thanks in advance for any
hint!
Thanks for reading me, and thanks for your time,

--
Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi at libertysurf.fr>