[MPlayer-users] problem running mplayer in script

Martin Collins martin at mkcollins.org
Mon May 10 13:14:46 CEST 2004

On Mon, 10 May 2004 05:46:18 -0400
Steve <steve at szmidt.org> wrote:

> It's not a command line problem.

You said it works on the command line but not in a script. Presumably
the script is not passing what you expect.

> There's no recursion if you read the script. It simply executes
> mplayer with a file name.

I was referring to my alternative script. I just wondered if maybe your
read was being confused by some characters. If (with -d.) it finds a
filename with two periods you will get a non file for example

> It does not like the file name even if I put the file instead of the
> $song var.

Show us some output for that case (with -v).
The output you provided shows it has no problem with that filename but
the No bind messages suggest some garbage is being passed to mplayer
while it is running.

Martin