Soundproblems with dvbin (was Re: [MPlayer-users] couldn't play with dvb://)

Falko Pilz webmaster at fapi.de
Sun May 9 14:55:55 CEST 2004

On Sun, 09 May 2004 10:14:23 +0200
Nico <nsabbi at tiscali.it> wrote:

> Falko Pilz wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I was waiting for Mandrake 10 because the Kernel 2.6 should
> >support my SAA7146 (Technotrend DVB-S).
> >
> >After applying firmware I got from "mplayer dvb://1":
> >
> >get_tuner_type(card 0), ERROR IN OPENING FRONTEND DEVICE
> >/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0: ERRNO 2
> >
> >So what have I forgotten? Do I something wrong?
> >
> >At the german Manpage I found:
> >"mplayer tv:// on:driver=v4l:width=640:height=480:outfmt=i420 -vc
> >rawi420 -vo xv"
> >
> >Which answers:
> >
> >Cache fill:  0,00% (0 bytes)    TV detected! ;-)
> >Selected driver: dummy
> > name: NULL-TV
> > author: alex
> >Selected input hasn't got a tuner!
> >
> >How could I got a Frontend or a tuner?
> >
> >Regards
> >
> >Falko
> >

> most likely you didn't load the drivers or you don't have permission
> rights

Hello,

thanks, the permission rights were the problem for watching, but
now the audio still matters.

If I watch files "-ao oss" works well with the soundcard from the
mainboard.
If I use dvbin mplayer still says,
" VIDEO MPEG2(pid=255)...NO AUDIO!  NO SUBS (yet)!  PROGRAM N. 0"
so it seems the input doesn't deliver sound.
Could you help me here? With vdr I also has pic's without sound.
So this should be a device problem.

Regards

Falko