[MPlayer-users] pre4 broke real media support?

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Sun May 9 00:10:39 CEST 2004

On 2004.05.08 20:13, yourself wrote:
> hi all!
>
> i've long now been using mplayer to play southpark real video files
[...]
It's a known problem, already fixed in cvs. Please upgrade (at least
demux_real.c)
> hardware-specific but rather the real media stuff. Anyway here's my
> info (just in case)... Anyway that last "skipping -8 extra header
> bytes", is that normal?
No, that's the problem :)

If you can't upgrade remove this code from demuxer.c (from line 1198)

                   if ((version != 3) && (hdr_size != 0x4e)) {

                             mp_msg(MSGT_DEMUX,MSGL_V,"skipping %d
extra header bytes\n", hdr_size-0x4e);
                             stream_skip(demuxer->stream, hdr_size-
0x4e);