[MPlayer-users] New MEncoder FrontEnd for Linux and Windows

V Mesquita vmesquita287 at hotmail.com
Fri May 7 17:58:38 CEST 2004

>i guess it must be a very nice software... if i could run it. it requires a
>newer version of glibc that the one i have:
>
>./MEncodeme: /lib/libpthread.so.0: version `GLIBC_2.3.2' not found
>(required
>by ./MEncodeme)
>
>any chance that you could make the sources available? or at least a binary
>version compiled against glibc 2.2.x?
I don't want to make the sources available for personal reasons, but I am
willing to compile a Glibc 2.2.x version. Could please point me a distro
(with the corresponding version) that comes with glibc 2.2.x, so I can
download, install and make a speciall compile? Or is there a way to
downgrade libc in knoppix (debian) without breaking the whole system? Or
maybe there's an old knoppix version I can get with this older libc?

Someone reported that it wasn't working with MDK 10, maybe it has something
to do.

>sorry to bug you about this, but it would be nice to be able to try your
>software.
Well, it's nice to hear there's people interested. I created this because I
realized mencoder is an excellent mpeg encoder with very good filters, but
unfortunatelly command-line is not very easy for many people and to get the
best quality with mpeg you have to tweak some parameters (which can only be
done after many tests).

[]'s
VMesquita