[MPlayer-users] Re: Has anyone have a working hwac3 on an intel8x0 driver ?

Fabio Papa f.papa at mcmspa.it
Thu May 6 08:25:54 CEST 2004

> Well, I use quite the same command:
> mplayer -ao alsa1x:spdif -srate 48000 -ac hwac3, <videofile>
Hi,
I'm a little bit out of my league here, but have you already tried removing
that srate part? I'm not sure, but I think to be able to use srate mplayer
has to decode ac3, resample, and then it should re-encode to ac3, which is
not possible. And anyway, any ac3 source you have should be already 48Khz,
shouldn't it?

--
Fabio Papa
Engineering division