[MPlayer-users] [BUG] Subtitles not working for .ogm and mplayer does not recognize new alsa libs.

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue May 4 01:39:41 CEST 2004

On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 04:23:29PM -0700, Weiss Alex wrote:
> Hi Rich,
>
> Quick P.S. as I just noticed something peculiar with
> the new version which I didn't notice earlier when I
> was trying to get .ogm subtitles working.
>
> > The old behavior was to enable first sub track by
> > default, but this was annoying so it was removed.
>
> It appears that when I try playing avi files or even
> dvds, it automatically displays the first subtitle
> stream. I don't seem to recall this happening before.

Hmm, this definitely doesn't happen for DVDs. And for AVI, do you mean
external (SRT, etc.) subs, or internal ones? I didn't even know
MPlayer could support subs inside AVI files. If so, it's a new
feature, and it's a bug if it shows them by default. But for external
subtitle files, it's reasonable to show them by default, since the
user can just move/rename/not download the subtitle files if he/she
doesn't want to see them.

Rich