[MPlayer-users] [BUG] Subtitles not working for .ogm and mplayer does not recognize new alsa libs.

Weiss Alex evoweiss at yahoo.com
Tue May 4 00:06:16 CEST 2004

Hi,

I'm running version 1.0pre4-3.3.2, the latest version
available if I'm not mistaken, on gentoo linux and
noticed two bugs.

First, I am no longer able to get subtitles in .ogm
files. I am sure the problem is not the actual file as
I was able to get the subtitles before upgrading
mplayer. I also have no problem with other file
formats though or when playing a DVD.

I have tried using mplayer -v to get the stream
numbers followed by using -sid n as well as using
-slang en, but to no avail.

The other problem is that when it compiles, mplayer
does not recognize the new alsa libs I have installed
(1.0.3b-r2). I can get around this problem by
downgrading to the 0.9.8 alsa libs, re-installing
mplayer, and then re-upgrading the alsa libs, so it's
not a serious problem.

Anyway, hope this contribution helps resolve the
problem. Let me know if I can provide any additional
information that would be useful.

Best,

Alex