[MPlayer-users] Re: Does radeon_vid.so support Radeon 9600XT cards?

Wed Mar 31 13:08:32 CEST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Sebastian Kaps wrote:

SK>Ok, I did that now and mplayer says:
SK>,----
SK>| vo: X11 running at 1600x1200 with depth 24 and 32 bpp (":0.0" => local display)
SK>| [radeon] Found chip: Unknown chip
SK>| [radeon] Driver was forced. Was found unknown chip
SK>| [radeon] Assuming it as Radeon1
SK>| [radeon] ATI FireGl driver detected
SK>| libdha: DHA kernelhelper failed: No such file or directory
SK>| libdha: DHA kernelhelper failed: No such file or directory
SK>| [radeon] Video memory = 128Mb
SK>| [radeon] Set write-combining type of video memory
SK>| [radeon] Saved overlay colorkey settings
SK>| VIDIX: Description: BES driver for Radeon cards
SK>| VIDIX: Author: Nick Kurshev
SK>`----
SK>
SK>But still I get distorted colors (hard to describe; it looks like the
SK>brightest shades of white are mapped to all other colors, i.e. red,
SK>green, blue). I tried both -bpp 24 and -bpp 32.

radeon_vid (or vidix itself) doesn't work with rgb surfaces (but reports
that it does). -bpp is no use at all. If the filter chain you use
outputs some kind of rgb by default, you'll see distortion.

Try playing just with -vf pp first (just to test it works). Then, try
adding scale,format=yv12 (or yuy2) to the end of your filter chain.

My default filter chain (suited for animation) is
vf = pp=hb:c/vb:c/dr:c/al:f,hqdn3d,noise=10uah,eq2

It gives no problems.

Other color anomalies are possible in rgb or yuv colorspaces, but I
never encountered them in vidix on radeons. Just for completeness,
filters like rgb2bgr, swapuv & noformat can help you with them.

--

Vladimir