[MPlayer-users] Does radeon_vid.so support Radeon 9600XT cards?

Wed Mar 31 10:47:39 CEST 2004

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Sebastian Kaps wrote:

SK>Hi!
SK>
SK>Is the xvidix:radeon_drv.so driver supposed to support Radeon 9600XT
SK>cards? When I try the driver, I'm getting a picture but some colors are
SK>distorted.

If you are using driver from ati, you are supposed to patch mplayer
(sigh). Search this list for patch by Marcel Naziri that adds fglrx
support.

PS 2developers: it was said that this patch will not be applied since it
disallows using vidix for people that don't have X11 headers installed
(although I doubt there are such people), but what's wrong with
ifdef'ing it? I can do this, if it will be accepted then...

--

Vladimir