[MPlayer-users] WMA 9 Voice codec support

Stephen Stocker lpar at par1.net
Wed Mar 31 04:27:46 CEST 2004

  Hi,

>I'm trying to watch/listen a stream (
>mmst://play.wm.liverpoolfc.servecast.net/liverpoolfc/test/wm9_test.wmv )
>encoded with WMA 9 Voice codec. The video signal comes through, but there
>is no audio (audio is encoded by WMP Voice codecs). Is it possible to get
>audio working as well? Are there any plans to support it?

  I hope so, there are getting to be a number of streams using it. The
  latest I've found is ABC Radio (US).

  The URLs are:

http://abcrad.wmod.llnwd.net/a49/external/0102cABAAHQAAAAcDle6yKhvE1c0LnEJnNwFajD8QD92LOnSD/perspective/03122004perspective.wma?MSWMExt=.asf

http://69.28.159.106:80/a49/external/0102cABAAHQAAAAcDle6yKhvE1c0LnEJnNwFajD8QD92LOnSD/perspective/03122004perspective.wma?MSWMExt=.asf

  I have no idea what this requires, and probably not enough brains to
  do it even if I did, but I hope it's not too huge a pain to add.

  	Take care,
	Steve