[MPlayer-users] High buffer crashes DVD playback

Kara White sexykara_ at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 30 22:32:32 CEST 2004

I'm not sure if this particular issue has been fielded elsewhere, but if I
set a high buffer for mplayer to play a DVD, all is well until the DVD
switches layers.  Then, my entire system crashes, and I get all of these
"hdc: lost interrupt" kernel messages.  I've tried it time after time, and
it crashes in the same exact spot: when the DVD goes to the second layer.
I'm assuming it has something to do with trying to grab too far on the disc
without properly changing layers in order to fill up the buffer (maybe
something never tested?).  Anyway, any fixes / patches / help / info anyone
could send me would be appreciated.

Kara