[MPlayer-users] Re: new realaudio codec? "got message from server"

adland adland123 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 10:55:26 CEST 2004

> Basically, I'm writing a simple wrapper to launch the radio program(me)s
> by name, rather than by url.

I wrote something similar which stores such links in a mysql database.
you can try from http://adland123.tripod.com

> > I don't know how to fix it, but if the stream is also available as rtsp
> > (that's true for your link), yust replace pnm://... with rtsp://...
>
> Well, I tried this, and it did not work for me.

Just a note RTSP protocol support is provided by the external
 live.com package.
you should download,build,install this first.

then when building mplayer do ./configure --enable-live

it is disabled by default.
could explain why it failed for you.
I tested it to play on my system.

> I'm not so familiar with
> all the various offerings I'm accessing, but, where exactly did you find
> the same stream? I didn't see it.

It may not be advertised but it is still available..

>If this were true it'd be a workaround
> for me as I could just replace the string if it occurs.

Yes but this only works however if the remote server provides rtsp support
 for the stream. fortunately for you this is very common.