[MPlayer-users] Re: B-frame bug when switching between interlaced and progressive

Bruno nc41530a at vizzavi.pt
Sun Mar 28 14:01:28 CEST 2004

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 11:33:27 +0100, Bruno <nc41530a at vizzavi.pt> wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 11:07:26 +0100, Bruno <nc41530a at vizzavi.pt> wrote:
>

> The tested streams:
>
> Two telecined sources;
> One interlaced field-blended, structure like this:
>
> A B  C
> A AC C
>
> where B is an original field and AC is a blend from previous and next
> fields.
>

> Bruno

Looking again, it seems like the B-frame encoding allways choose the
interlaced macroblock when looking at next and previous, regardless if the
current frame is interlaced or progressive, and keeps that interlaced
macroblock.

I don't know which is the criteria because it doesn't happen all the time
<:/

Bilu