[MPlayer-users] audio output to different independent stereo channels

tiresias tiresias at netcom.no
Sat Mar 27 01:07:56 CET 2004

Hi,

I have a Terratec Aureon 7.1 Space soundcard and want to be able to
output the sound to one of the four different independent stereo analog
channels the card provides. As of alsa-driver version 1.0.3 this is
possible. This card is based on the Envy24 chip and uses the driver
snd-ice1724. I am able to do this with different media players like
this:

  % aplay -Dplughw:0,0,0 <file>
  % aplay -Dplughw:0,2,0 <file>
  % aplay -Dplughw:0,2,1 <file>
  % aplay -Dplughw:0,2,2 <file>

This works with xmms as well with device set to "plughw:0,x,x"

However with mplayer it doesn't work. I try

  % mplayer -ao alsa9:plughw:0,2,1

but it seems mplayer doesn't care about anything that comes after
"plughw", and the sound comes out in default channel "0,0,0".

Is there a way to make mplayer output to the different output channels?

Thanks!

Regards,
Lars Tobias Borsting