[MPlayer-users] MPlayer stops repeatedly after 1 sec.

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Fri Mar 26 19:46:24 CET 2004

On Friday, 26 March 2004 at 17:23, Simon Duduica wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got this problem with mplayer, it says it's playing and stops after
> about one second, then if I pause and play again, it plays for another
> second and freezes again.
> I have RedHat 9.0 and installed mplayer, saw a movie or two (divx) and
> started to have this problem, with same movies that were playing before.
> Then I updated all the rpms from update.redhat.com ( three weeks ago)
> and the movies started playing again... Now, after about 10 or 20 movies
> that played perfectly, it started to do the same thing, and I tested
> with movies that worked before.
> Could anyone tell me what's the problem?

Just a wild guess, but there could be an interrupt conflict on your
system. What audio card do you have and what is the output of
cat /proc/interrupts ?

> I don't think that it's a hardware problem but, anyway, video is ATI
> All-In-Wonder 128, processor is Athlon 1.2GHz.

If it's not what I think, you need to give us many more details. Read
bugreports.html file from MPlayer documentation and follow the
instructions there.

> Mplayer is the latest I could find on your site.

Which is what? 1.0pre3 or a CVS snapshot?

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer.html