[MPlayer-users] Streaming mplayer - *.wax?

Stephen Stocker lpar at par1.net
Fri Mar 26 08:42:15 CET 2004

  Hi,

  NPR has the worst streaming audio arrangement I've ever run across.
  Javascript, for starters, although that's all to common. :) But a
  bigger problem is that they have at least three different formats,
  depending on whether you're listening to a live stream, a recent
  on-demand stream or an archived show. MPlayer won't handle at least
  one of the archived formats, and one of the developers rewrote some
  code to handle another one awhile back. I think they have Bill Gates
  writing their code or something, because it's an absolute disaster!

  I hope you have better luck than I did, I finally decided to hell with
  NPR.

  	Take care,
	Steve

>I have a streaming site mplayer can't seem to digest.  The most flagrant
>is http://www.npr.org.  I am hoping someone can help me figure out what
>I might be doing wrong.
<snip>