[MPlayer-users] Re: Cannot find codec for audio format 0xA

adland adland123 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 24 21:18:11 CET 2004

> I am trying to play a video file of .wmv format but it gives the error "Cannot
find codec for audio format 0xA". I am able to get video for the same.

Windows Media 9 Speech Format

AFAIK this is not yet working

check if you actually have the dll file required in the library directory

this is my testing changes to codecs.conf
audiocodec wmaspdmo
  info "Windows Media 9 Speech DMO"
  status untested
  format 0xA
  driver dmo
  dll "wmspdmod.dll"
  guid 0x874131cB, 0x4ecc, 0x443b, 0x89, 0x48, 0x74, 0x6B, 0x89, 0x59, 0x5d,
   0x20

My testing has been able to get an audio codec loaded but the audio is silent.
resultant data stream appears to be all 0 bytes,

good luck