[MPlayer-users] DVD/DiVX reader

Martin Emrich martin at emmerator.dyndns.org
Tue Mar 23 20:44:04 CET 2004

Am Di, den 23.03.2004 schrieb Alain Barthélemy um 09:54:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry, maybe a little [OT] but can anyone advice a good (tested) DVD/DiVX
> reader able to read MPlayer/Mencoder .avi files. I finally managed to make
> relatively good (thanks to your help) Mpeg4/DiVX files but I would like to be
> able to view them on TV.

I have a "Red Star DVD 420" Player (bought in Germany at "real,-" for
79EUR). I had no problems thus far, except with a video with qpel motion
compensation (It complained directly with "unsupported codec QPEL"). It
plays AVIs with AC3 Audio, too. It has tons of connectors, too
(Component Video, Optical/Coax Audio, ...).

Ciao

Martin