[MPlayer-users] theora alpha 3

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Mon Mar 22 23:18:45 CET 2004

Corey Hickey wrote:

> I want to mess around with theora alpha 3, but ./configure has a
> problem detecting support. Does mplayer need to be updated in order
> to work with alpha 3? The relevant section of configure.log is pasted
> below; if I ought to provide any more information, please tell me.
>
> Thanks,
> Corey
>
> ============ Checking for OggTheora support (only the CVS version!) ============

This declaration is now out of date, since alpha 3 *should* (and, at a
quick glance, apparently does) have the same API as the CVS version
referred to.

> #include <theora/theora.h>

>   ogg_packet op;
>   theora_comment tc;
>   theora_info inf;

>   r = theora_decode_header (&inf, &tc, &op);

> /tmp/mplayer-conf-20410-12940.c:24: error: too many arguments to
> function `theora_decode_header'

In the pre-alpha-3 CVS copy of theora.h I have installed, the latest CVS
version of that file, and the one contained in libtheora-1.0alpha3 as
downloaded from theora.org, theora_decode_header is prototyped as
receiving pointers to a theora_info, a theora_comment, and an
ogg_packet. Earlier versions apparently received fewer arguments; at one
point this meant MPlayer couldn't use the CVS version, and now it means
that MPlayer can't use earlier versions.

Were you previously running the CVS version of Theora, or an earlier
alpha? If the former, are there still bits of your previous Theora
install on your system? If you have multiple non-identical copies of
theora.h on your system, you'll want to make sure configure is seeing
the correct one, most easily done by removing the outdated copy.

If the problem goes beyond that, I'm not sure I can help you. I'm not
really expert on these things, just a very interested bystander who's
picked up some tidbits by watching and experimentation.

--
       The Wanderer