[MPlayer-users] mencoder bus error

Gina Capodanno jaseroque at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 21 01:34:50 CET 2004

 >Are you using -ffourcc? Out of curiosity, may I ask why >you're
setting it to XVID?

i admit that i am new to this, and not a skilled user of terminal apps.
i have been relying on the GUIs available for os X (such as the basic
one for mencoder, and dvdibbler). as for your question, i'm not
purposefully setting anything to XVID. the video codec is selected for
divX4. when i rip anything anywhere from the start of the movie up to
the second to last chapter, it doesn't display this (ideocodec:
libavcodec (718x468 fourcc=58564944 [XVID]). it only does so when i get
to the end of the movie.

 >What version are you using?

i am using mencoder version 0.7.7

how do i make sure i have the most current CVS libavcodec, and if it
turns out i don't, how do i replace my old one?

thanks for being patient with all of my questions. i know they are very
basic.. i'm a biology student, not a programmer :)