[MPlayer-users] mencoder bus error

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sun Mar 21 00:29:28 CET 2004

Gina Capodanno wrote:
> can someone help me figure out this error message?
>
> VDec: vo config request - 720 x 480 (preferred csp: Planar YV12) [1170:128]
> VDec: using Planar YV12 as output csp (no 0)
> Movie-Aspect is 1.78:1 - prescaling to correct movie aspect.
> videocodec: libavcodec (718x468 fourcc=58564944 [XVID])

Are you using -ffourcc? Out of curiosity, may I ask why you're setting
it to XVID?

> get_buffer() failed (0 -6987 0 0x1a8cf10)
> Bus error

What version are you using? Michael Niedermayer fixed this problem a
while ago, and though I've never seen it since, a few others have. If
you still get the problem with CVS mplayer and CVS libavcodec, read:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/bugreports.html
...and send the report to ffmeg-devel at lists dot sourceforge dot net.
Be sure to include a sample source file (preferably as small as you can
make it).

-Corey