[MPlayer-users] pva files with mplayer on powerpc

alve ulfonk_mennhar at gmx.de
Sat Mar 20 11:47:32 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm working on a little application to make pva files from mpeg-ps and I
was trying to test the output with mplayer. Just to make sure I was not
completely stupid I played some of your pva test samples (which were
mentioned in some  mplayer mailinglist a year ago) with mplayer (I'm
working with a powerpc g4 machine):

alve at ente:~/dec2000t/ps2pva$ mplayer --version
MPlayer 1.0pre2-3.3.2 (C) 2000-2003 MPlayer Team

AltiVec found

I got the same problems as with my self-generated files:
- at the beginning of the playback there are some "krk" sounds, then the
sound stops.
- the video is scrambled; you can roughly guess what it should be, but
there are wrong-colored squares everywhere.
- sometimes mplayer crashes

It seems like some endianess problem to me. I'll attach the logs of
PVA_DeejayTV_Jamiroquai.pva. I hope thats useful for you

cheers
Ulf

PS: To make sure it's no version issue I just fetched a newer Version of
mplayer and tested again - same problem