[MPlayer-users] mplayer sets number of channels incorrectly

Alexander Macdonald alexandermacdonald at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 16:19:51 CET 2004

Hi,

I have a surround sound setup so when I play a 2-channel sound I'd like it to be
upmixed(just copy the channels, nothing fancy) alsa does this nicely for me.
However when I play a dvd or something with 5.1 sound mplayer downmixes it to 2
channels :(, I can get around this by passing mplayer "-channels 6" and it
correctly plays the file :). the problem is that when I play a 2 channel file
with "-channels 6" mplayer sticks in blank channels which stops the upmixing
from happening..... Is there any way I can tell mplayer to just use the number
of channels from the file?