[MPlayer-users] bug in svq3 decoder

Niclas Rosenvik nicro465 at student.liu.se
Wed Mar 17 18:23:40 CET 2004

hello I think there is a bug in the native svq3
decoder mplayer uses.

I tried to look at the coldmountain movietrailer
then this happends.

the movie plays good for a while and then starts to complain about bad chunks (the svq3 decoder does this I think) and then freezes and crashes.
this movie can be played with the windows version of
quicktime without problems

I would like someone of the developers to look at it and test to play the movie and check what happends.
(Use the native svq3 codec)

here is the adress to the movie

http://a772.g.akamai.net/5/772/51/81d6b3c4b93f1a/1a1a1aaa2198c627970773d80669d84574a8d80d3cb12453c02589f25382f668c9329e0375e81784ed5fc02d8e0635980773d736a31287f569ca33a1/cold_mountain_480.mov

if it could be of use am I running mplayer 1.0rc3nb1 on NetBSD 1.6.2

/Niclas Rosenvik