[MPlayer-users] loadlist in slave mode not always working?

Selwyn Tang selwyn at hectrix.com
Wed Mar 17 05:14:06 CET 2004

On 03/17/04 12:06, cybertron at flashmail.com wrote:
> finishing too soon.  I've also set
> MPlayer to loop the playlist, and then it just
> continues to loop the old one
> and doesn't load the new one.  Is it possible

In my case, I first let mplayer play blank.avi, with -loop 0, and
immediately pause it. Then, when I have to play a video, I issue
'pause\nloadfile abc.avi\n' to it. The first 'pause\n' is to resume it.
When a video finishes its playback, mplayer will loop it and output a
custom message for my control program to issue another pause command to
it. Then I can load another file or blank.avi again.

> that while it is loading the
> file, it won't accept the command?  I thought
> that it would just hold the
> command until it was ready, but maybe not?

I'm not sure about that.

Selwyn