[MPlayer-users] Why

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 16 19:38:16 CET 2004

I'm crossposting this because it is valuable information to both mplayer and
mplayerplug-in users...

Fedora Core 1 can work, but you have to make some changes to the prelinking.
This is needed for WINE as well.

First as root, undo all the prelinking

prelink -u

Then fix the prelinking

prelink -a -m --no-exec-shield

Then edit the file /etc/sysconfig/prelink

and change PRELINK_OPTS to
PRELINK_OPTS="-m --no-exec-shield"

That works for me, I use Fedora Core 1 and I develop mplayerplug-in and use
mplayer daily. The prelink option -R is the one that breaks things.

Kevin