[MPlayer-users] Playback problems - humm

alvin.mpeg at ns.linux-1u.net alvin.mpeg at ns.linux-1u.net
Mon Mar 15 13:22:07 CET 2004

hi ya

> >How much RAM? Any other jobs running? Celeron 400 is a bit puny but
> >P3-933 runs great here.

i use hundreds of mini-itx based via C3-800 w/ 256MB of mem
and 20G ata100 and onboard video and mplayer-*pre[1,2,3] all works fine

make sure you have dma turned on --  ( using_dma = 1 )
	hdparm -iv /dev/hda | grep dma

- which distro are you using ?
- which kernel are you using ?

- works for me with slackware-9.1, suse-9.0  and linux-2.4.2[3,4,5]

c ya
alvin