[MPlayer-users] WMA DRM format?

Sergei Klink sklink at yandex.ru
Mon Mar 15 05:30:15 CET 2004

On March 14, 2004 09:04 pm, The Wanderer wrote:
> D Richard Felker III wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 06:43:14PM -0600, Mike Perry wrote:
> >> Have any solutions been reached as to what to do about the WMA9
> >> DRM format under Linux?
> >
> > Yes, don't make such files.
>
> I thought the question was about playing them, not creating them.
> If someone else already created one, there's not much you can do
> about that, but you can still want to watch it.

IMHO the best thing to do is not to use them at all, you'll suffer but
at least you won't be giving support for them. Don't download them,
don't buy them, and do your best to prevent others from doing so - in
other words, don't encourage anybody to make them. There isn't
anything else that can be done, and to even attempt would most likely
be considered illegal, in US especially(not like many of
movie/music-related activities are considered legal there, though).