[MPlayer-users] Detelecine question

David Tarkowski david.tarkowski at verizon.net
Sat Mar 13 23:12:43 CET 2004

My main use of mencoder is to record television shows for later
viewing.  Until recently I hadn't worried too much about the
interlacing/telecining, but recently I noticed a "Telecine by xxx"
message in the credits, so I thought I would investigate it.

My question is, is it possible to detelecine broadcast television?  If
so, what is the best filter combination to use for mencoder.  I've tried
some settings on my own, but still notice significant interlacing
artifacts, so I think that I am doing something wrong.

Thanks,
Dave