[MPlayer-users] Re: mencoder and Windows Media Player

Tobias Diedrich ranma at gmx.at
Sat Mar 13 14:42:38 CET 2004

F P wrote:

> Could someone give me the commands necessary to produce a file readable by
> Windows Media Player, possibly without any need for Windows users to download a
> codec?

Try msmpeg4v2 and raw, adpcm or mp3 audio.

mencoder -ovc lavc -oac pcm -lavcopts vcodec=msmpeg4v2 -o output.avi
mencoder -ovc lavc -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=adpcm_ima_wav:vcodec=msmpeg4v2 -o output.avi
mencoder -ovc lavc -oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128 -lavcopts vcodec=msmpeg4v2 -o output.avi

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com
This mail is made of 100% recycled bits.