[MPlayer-users] MPlayer and volume

Tue Mar 9 16:16:13 CET 2004

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, jean claude dus wrote:

jcd>I'm using a RH9 and Gnome Desktop. When I change
jcd>volume in MPlayer, it changes volume of all my system
jcd>; but I've got a channel, in aumix, named 'video', and
jcd>I would like to know how I can change volume of this
jcd>channel because I want only change volume of videos,
jcd>not of my system.

lol.. ask aumix (or maybe oss?) developers to rename this channel to
something more corresponding ;)

I don't know what is this channel for, but it won't help you at all.
There is no way to do what you want using only hardware mixers, but you
can tune volume in software; I guess both gnome desktop and mplayer has
such abilities.

--

Vladimir