[MPlayer-users] control which file to play after current in slave mode

Selwyn Tang selwyn at hectrix.com
Tue Mar 9 09:25:05 CET 2004

Hi all,

I would like to start mplayer in slave mode, and control which file to
play using 'loadfile'. For some reasons, I cannot compile the playlist
in advance. Therefore, I have to know when the current file has finished
playback, and then load another file.

I am thinking of printing a message to stdout when the EOF of a file is
reached. When my control program parses this message, it will issue a
'loadfile' command to mplayer, or a 'pause' command in case I have to do
something else without killing mplayer.

What do you think about my approach? Any better suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Selwyn