[MPlayer-users] BUG: Too many audio packets in the buffer (encode)

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Mon Mar 8 22:27:41 CET 2004

Wayde Milas wrote:
> I've read the bug submitting howto and I'm trying my best to submit a
> well informed bug.
>
> The full dump is attached as a txt file. I am using the cvs versions of
> ffmpeg and mplayer as of 3/4/04
>
> Observations:
>
> 1) If I do -nosound the bug does not appear.
> 2) The bug does not appear if the audio stream is 2.0. It only seems to
> manifest on a 5.1 stream.
> 3) I've used multiple DVD's. It crops up at the same place (secondwise)
> no matter what dvd I use.
> 4) I've tried various codec options. Something as simple as:
> mencoder dvd://1 -o Starwars2.avi -mc 0 -noskip -skiplimit 0 -oac copy
> -ovc lavc -vf crop=720:362:0:58 -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vqscale=2
> still exhibits the behavior.

Does it still happen if you omit `-mc 0 -noslip -sliplimit 0'? Mencoder
seems to like to skip and/or duplicate a few frames at the beginning of
an encode, but you don't need those options to preserve A-V sync.

If you still have trouble, try playing the DVD at that position
(17800f). It might be that your disc is scratched, smudged or otherwise
not properly readable right there.

-Corey