[MPlayer-users] Re: Non smooth playback if audio added

Mario Valle mvalle at cscs.ch
Mon Mar 8 09:39:17 CET 2004

 >>> I have a small MOV clip that plays jerkily in mplayer, but not on Windows.
 >

 >Do other files exhibit the same problem?

	No

 >Does mplayer -autosync 10 help?

	Yes! With it the playback is smooth again!

	So, if I understand, the video playback jumps to remain in sync with the
	audio.

	So I presume that xine has something similar to -autosync built in. With it the
	same movie does not jump.

	Is there any cure at the origin? Or this pesky 22250 sampling rate (also when
	converted to 24000) is the origin of the problem and nothing can be done to
	overcome it?

 >--
 >Tobias

	Thanks!