[MPlayer-users] No mencoder, fedora core 1

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Mar 8 03:00:33 CET 2004

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 08:28:31PM -0500, Poohba wrote:
> I don't know if it makes a difference but I have fedora core 1.  It didn't
> come with mplayer so i installed. mplayer-1.0pre3-1.i386.rpm
> mplayer-gui-1.0pre3-1.i386.rpm mplayer-skin-default-1.0-2.noarch.rpm
> mplayer-common-1.0pre3-1.i386.rpm but could not install
> mplayer-mencoder-1.0-0.lvn.0.4.pre3.1.i386.rpm b/c of deps.  I thought
> mencoder was part of mplayer. at least it was afaik when i was using rh 9.
> so now its its own program?

> This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain privileged or
> confidential information. It is solely for use by the individual for whom
> it is intended, even if addressed incorrectly. If you received this e-mail
> in error, please notify the sender; do not disclose, copy, distribute, or
> take any action in reliance on the contents of this information; and delete
> it from your system. Any other use of this e-mail is prohibited. Thank you
> for your compliance.

Could you please refrain from topposting and from including useless
crap like this in your emails? The above is blatently incorrect (since
you addressed it to a public mailing list), extralegal (no legal basis
for the things it says are "prohibited") and way too long for a .sig.
Not to mention annoying.

Rich