[MPlayer-users] Quicktime bug?

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sun Mar 7 07:18:09 CET 2004

Felipe W Damasio wrote:
>     Greetings,
>
>     I tried to watch the passion of the christ high-quality trailer
> (available at www.apple.com/trailers), but mplayer crashed.

Can you give us the actual URL? Digging them out of apple's website and
reference files is annoying, and I might have found a different trailer
from the one you're having trouble with.

http://a772.g.akamai.net/5/772/51/5c1b90a1bf793d/1a1a1aaa2198c627970773d8
0669d84574a8d80d3cb12453c02589f25382f668c9329e0375e81785ea61ce2fa10c71e51
488f055c526990c75e452c1279b0368cb33a50e81f5/thepassionofthechrist_m480.mov

The file from the above URL works fine for me with a recent CVS build of
mplayer, using either ffmpeg svq3 or the quicktime dlls.

>     I tried to re-download the quicktime dlls from the mplayer website
> to see if there was an update, but that didn't work neither.

Actually, you're using the open-source decoder from libavcodec (that's
the default). You can force using the quicktime dlls with `-vfm
qtvideo'. If the dlls work and there seems to be a bug with libavcodec's
svq3 decoder, you should definitely report it to ffmpeg-devel at lists
dot sourceforge dot net (but you should probably try CVS first).

-Corey