[MPlayer-users] Re: MPlayer-users Digest, Vol 3, Issue 39

Phillip Heller pheller at lessjunk.com
Sat Mar 6 21:05:04 CET 2004

> On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 06:26:17PM -0500, pheller at lessjunk.com wrote:
>
> > If I specify "-monitoraspect 1.666", then the ratio is right, however there is a
> > whole lot of extra space around the image; it could be scaled larger.
>
> You probably have black bars above and below because they are part of the
> picture and black bars on both sides added by mplayer because your screen
> is wider than the picture (do you have black bars above and below when
> playing the movie in non-fullscreen mode?).
>
> If I'm right, then -vf crop is your friend.
>
> --
>  Ville

Yes, -vf crop worked.

I simply did 'gmplayer -monitoraspect 1.6666 -vf cropdetect', took it's
suggestion, and then re-ran with '-vf crop'.

However, now there is a new problem.

When the video source begins playing, the output window is automagically
cropped to the correct size.  Then, when I go fullscreen, everything is
beautiful.

When I return from fullscreen, the output window anchors itself such
that the titlebar is out of position, and thus the window cannot be
moved.

The window controls are still there, so resize is possible.  However,
even when I try to reposition the window in the pager (xfce), the window
snaps back to 0,0 with it's title bar still out of site.

Any suggestions there?

--
Phillip Heller <pheller at lessjunk.com>