[MPlayer-users] Video stream mandatory while converting .rm to .mp3. Bug?

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Sat Mar 6 20:15:23 CET 2004

On Saturday, 06 March 2004 at 19:56, Abraham S. Lin wrote:
> Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> >
> >MEncoder is a *movie* encoder. It cannot encode to audio containers. Just
> >decompress the audio using mplayer -ao pcm and encode it by calling lame
> >directly.
> >
> Thank you! It works! Now I don't have to: play the file with real
> player, record it from
> the sound device, and then convert it into mp3! (The files to conver:
> 77. The duration of
> the playback: 30 min/file)

I'm glad I could help.

> So the last commandline that I used goes:
>    for i in `ls *.rm`; do j=`echo $i|cut -d'.' -f1`;  mplayer -v -ao
> pcm -cache 2048 "$i"; lame audiodump.wav "$j.mp3"; rm audiodump.wav; done

To make it even more efficient, you could use a FIFO instead of temporary
files. Example (for one file):

$ mkfifo encode
$ mplayer -quiet file.rm -ao pcm -aofile encode </dev/null & lame encode file.mp3
$ rm encode

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://greysector.rangers.eu.org/mplayer.html