[MPlayer-users] -vf ilpack

Ville Saari 113762 at foo.bar.org
Fri Mar 5 18:55:38 CET 2004

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 06:42:37PM -0500, D Richard Felker III wrote:

> Nope, that's what I thought when I originally wrote the filter. Then I
> read a proper explanation of how interlaced 4:2:0 works. It's really
> quite clever. :)

Is this explanation available on-line?

My undestanding of the thing has been that interlaced 4:2:0 would be
equivalent to doing progressive 4:2:0-sampling for each field separately
and then interlacing the results. The artifact that results from playing
such video without deinterlacing and without ilpack seems to support
this theory.

Am I wrong?

--
 Ville