[MPlayer-users] bugreport-segmentation fault

Andreas Markmann andreas.markmann at tc.pci.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Mar 4 15:13:05 CET 2004

Hello all,

Unfortunately I can't access the online documentation right now (some .html
files seem to be zero bytes long?), so I can't check the list of known bugs.

The problem I have has, however, been present in all 1.0 prereleases and is
still in the current CVS (as of 3rd March 2004), so I hope it is not "old
news".

After ./configure with --enable-gui --enable-largefiles
--with-win32libdir=/usr/local/win32/ (where I installed the win32 codecs from
the mplayer webpage) and make, mplayer crashes with a segmentation fault.
(Calling mplayer without options, should just display help screen.)
The same happens when calling mplayer with options for playing a movie.

MPlayer 0.92 works fine for me.

I have an Athlon classic 650MHz running under SuSE 8.1 updated with vanilla
2.4.20 kernel. I am using the nortc kernel option because I have a Via
motherboard which otherwise causes the time to jump (sometimes for whole
hours) with the 2.4 kernels.
The problem seems to be in cpudetect.c (I am no expert on system-near
programming), so maybe the info in the previous sentence is particularly
relevant.

The detailed report is in attached.

Thank you for your attention,
Andreas

PS: Please don't flame me for attaching in as .gz, I hope you're not expecting
a pure text dump.