[MPlayer-users] Re: segfault on Alpha in libmpdemux/demux_mov.c

Andrew A. Gill superluser at frontiernet.net
Thu Mar 4 04:58:53 CET 2004

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Tobias Diedrich wrote:

> Andrew A. Gill wrote:
>
> > > Sounds like trak is an invalid pointer?
> >
> > ....kay?
> >
> > But doesn't the arrow operator return a pointer?  I don't think
> > it could even compile if it weren't a valid pointer.
>
> The arrow operator means that trak is not the struct itself, but a
> pointer to the struct.  This can of course be an invalid pointer at
> runtime (e.g. trak could be 0 or point somewhere to nirvana).

But it has to be initialized some...WHAT!?!

In line 1583, arg 4 of the lschunks call is NULL.  Arg 4 of
lschunks(line 495) is trak!  How is that supposed to work?

Every other call of lschunks comes from inside lschunks()
itself.

--
|Andrew A. Gill                       |I posted to Silent-Tristero and|
|<superluser at frontiernet.net>         |all I got was this stupid sig! |
|Yet: <http://www.needsfoodbadly.com>                 Temporary sig: --

more helpaltine, please!