[MPlayer-users] extracting subtitles from streamdump from a dvd

Renai rlem6983 at mail.usyd.edu.au
Wed Mar 3 13:50:25 CET 2004

hi all,

I've been trying to extract subtitles from a streamdump from a dvd. I have
already created a divx from the dvd track and want to create subtitles to go
along with it. I know the subtitles are in the streamdump because I can play
them with -sid 0.

This is the command that I have been trying to use:

mencoder -o /dev/null -ovc copy -vop lavcdeint -aid 129 -vobsubout subtitles
-vobsuboutindex 1 -sid 0 -oac copy blergh.dump

This generates two files,

subtitles.idx
subtitles.sub

which seem to be essentially empty, and I can't play them with -sub.

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong?

kind regards,

Renai