[MPlayer-users] realplayer files on the web: rm, ram, mov

Kevin DeKorte kdekorte at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 21:52:28 CET 2004

Klaus,

Here is how to view that media.

Install mplayer with the RealMedia libraries

edit $HOME/.mplayer/mplayerplug-in.conf
and add this line
enable-real=1

Install mplayerplug-in   get it from http://mplayerplug-in.sf.net
You may need to add additional items to the mplayerplug-in.cong file depending
on your needs. See the HOWTO page for more options.

I would recommend version 2.11 for the moment 2.40 is broken and the next
version should be out in a couple of days.

Mozilla or Firefox will now be able to play the media files at that site and
many others as well.

Kevin